Please contact AmericanWest Bank if you are experiencing financial challenges and believe you may be unable to afford your mortgage payments to us. The following are some options which may be available to avoid foreclosure, depending on your circumstances: temporary forbearance, loan modification, refinancing or deed in lieu of foreclosure. For us to consider any of these options, we need to thoroughly evaluate your financial situation. You should be prepared to provide the following documents:
Additional documentation may be requested as particular options are further discussed. If you wish to discuss such options, please phone our toll-free number 1-800-772-5479 during our regular business and ask for the Special Assets Department. You may also find a housing counseling agency certified by the Washington Department of Financial Institutions by phoning toll-free 1-877-894-4663. You may contact the Department of Financial Institutions, the Washington State Bar Association, or the statewide civil legal aid hotline for possible assistance or referrals.
- Proof of current income from any source you are relying on, such as pay stubs, contracts or award letters.
- Most recent income tax return
- Information about assets
- Information about any subordinate lien mortgage on your home
- Account balances, line limits (if any) and required payments for all debts
- A letter describing why your mortgage is unaffordable (e.g., why your income reduced or expenses increased)