|What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
Read this important information before making your decision.
If you have already Opted-In and would like to change your consent, click here:
- Once an overdraft has occurred, you are obligated to bring your account to a positive balance promptly.
- Whether your overdraft will be paid is at AmericanWest Bankís discretion, and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, you are not making regular deposits, or you have had excessive overdrafts.
- If you have sufficient funds available under Overdraft Protection, funds will automatically be transferred from your savings, money market, or line of credit to cover your overdraft purchases. Overdraft Protection may be subject to credit approval. Fees may apply including a $5 transfer fee from linked deposit accounts.
- Whether you have Overdraft Coverage on your checking account will not affect how we treat your recurring debit card transactions (such as gym membership). In particular, we may, at our discretion, authorize and pay a recurring debit card transaction that causes an overdraft and charge an insufficient funds/overdraft fee even if you do not maintain Overdraft Coverage on your account.
- This information only applies to consumer accounts.